A Voice In The Valley

When there is an exhortation or a word of encouragement for the church it may sound as though it is a voice in the valley.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arkansas

I enjoy blogging about many topics .I try to stay within the blog titles below. Blue Letter Bible is a resource I think you'll be glad you've found.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Speaking Rightly of God

Praying seems like a very good thing to do. Making petitions from our Father on the behalf of others or ourselves. I found some interesting scriptures concerning prayer in Job 42:7And it was [so], that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me [the thing that is] right, as my servant Job [hath]. Job 42:8Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you [after your] folly, in that ye have not spoken of me [the thing which is] right, like my servant Job.
Here is the message I gleaned from this passage and those surrounding it .
Job knew how to speak the thing that was right about God. His friends did not. His friends were told by the LORD to have Job pray for them. The thing that Job consistently said was, "Blessed be the name of the LORD." No matter what, he still said, "blessed be the name of the LORD." A good friend to Job would have also joined in and said, "Yes, blessed be the name of the LORD, He gives and He takes away. Blessed be His name."
I want my my mind to be renewed with God's Word in light of these scriptures. A more religious light (some would call light) might be just like Job's friends told him. "You have sinned Job, God is correcting you for your sin Job," (paraphrased by me.)
It is true that God chastens those whom He loves. However, I really think God's personal conversation with Job ought to be given more consideration. If He was pleased with Job for believing that He was a good God and deserved blessing no matter what, then maybe I ought to do that too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home