A Voice In The Valley

When there is an exhortation or a word of encouragement for the church it may sound as though it is a voice in the valley.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arkansas

I enjoy blogging about many topics .I try to stay within the blog titles below. Blue Letter Bible is a resource I think you'll be glad you've found.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Praying More

Our speaker Sunday said that he found if he did not have time to get everything done in a day, he would pray more and then find he got everything done. He was trying to share one of those odd things that seems to happen when you follow Jesus , and I could not agree with him more. The world's way would be : if you are short on time to get everything done, cut your prayer time short. This morning when I woke up an hour early I thought, oh good, I'll have an extra hour to pray. Only it occurred to me to pray this prayer first. Lord, you know how many times I have come before you and prayed for hours. And all through those hours I have felt as though you were on the other side of a lake and I was trying to get a message across the lake to you but not really sure you were hearing me. What can I do so that my usual hour of prayer would not be like that today ? Then I waited. I picked up a book I had been reading and decided to read a while. When I would see a foot note, (you know those little numbers ) I would go to the back of the book and see if it was scripture related. Sure enough several times they were, and I would look those scriptures up. Before long I felt as though a communion between myself and the Holy Spirit was in process and it wasn't long when my usual hour to pray came that I was ready. All it took , was a little more time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home