A Voice In The Valley

When there is an exhortation or a word of encouragement for the church it may sound as though it is a voice in the valley.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arkansas

I enjoy blogging about many topics .I try to stay within the blog titles below. Blue Letter Bible is a resource I think you'll be glad you've found.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Loving Not Our Lives Even Unto Death

Finding Jesus in a bad world. It is not long after finding Jesus that you realize He now wants you to find Him in others. "There I am ", He says,"in the least of these." "In the prisons, in the highways, in your grocery stores, sitting in your parks, in your everyday life, those ones you ignored before. I am there." (My paraphrase.) At the very same time , up comes the Elder Brother and says, "what do you think you are doing ?" "Well, I am going out to find Jesus ," you say. "What ? Jesus, do you think He is out there ?" "Why do you think He is there ?" he says. Then you say, "because I know He is here," you point to yourself .
It really makes them mad. I don't mean angry. I mean mad. I think they lose the ability to think rationally.
If you can make it past the Elder Brother and into the party the Father invites you to. I think you can make it on out to the fields.
I have to try.
Jesus you are out there, and I have to try to find you today. I know You will be with me as I look. Tell me what to say to the elder brother who wants me to quit believing that what You said was true. Show me how to let the light within me shine. Also show me what to say to the dear hearts whose light has been dimmed by other Elder Brothers. Please help me not join the ranks of the Elder Brothers to be popular.
There is a field of grace. I thank God for His grace. It is His grace that our message is about. It is His grace that the elder brother does not want to receive. It is His grace that we must share with all who will listen.

Please read Acts 6:8 -Acts 7:56 Acts 6:15 And all that sat in the council,
looking steadfastly on him, saw his face as it had been the face of an angel. Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost : as your fathers [did], so [do] ye.

The light was there because he, Stephen let it be there. He was not stiffnecked and uncircumcised in his heart and ears, and he did not resist the Holy Ghost.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris Beason said...

Wow...that word came at just the right time. It's hard to imagine these elder brothers are teaching others to grow up to be like them. The elder brother teaches them religion and it's not long before they're preaching to the choir instead of ministering to others who are really hungry for His word being unconcerned about being more righteous than others.

8:49 PM  
Blogger CindyMae said...

What an great post! Thank you for these words today!

With Love In Christ,
Cindy

5:15 PM  
Blogger Christopher said...

Awesome post. Definitely go out and find Jesus in the least of these. Ask God how you can help "him" when you find "him" and be prepared to be a blessing!

Note of warning, though. If the elder brother disuades you from your goal remember that he too is God's child. Show him/her love. As a church we can do mighty things but we need to get the church refocused on God's work before it is lost to the "elder brothers".

God bless!

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home