A Voice In The Valley

When there is an exhortation or a word of encouragement for the church it may sound as though it is a voice in the valley.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arkansas

I enjoy blogging about many topics .I try to stay within the blog titles below. Blue Letter Bible is a resource I think you'll be glad you've found.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Knocking Idols Down

My walk with the LORD is a very visual one. However, I do not picture Jesus in my mind ,like some do. What I do picture is where I am, as a sheep being led by a shepherd. Only a person sheep . Every now and then when problems come I say to the shepherd, "where am I ?" This seems to be a good thing to do because when He answers, I have peace. Just as I have today. Some time back I was asked some questions that I went to the LORD with and prayed for His guidance. When I gave my answers , I did not feel that I had His anointing on me, but I answered anyway, thinking that the HOLY SPIRIT in me was guiding me to say what I said. These answers it would seem did not help ,but hinder the kingdom of God.
Now because of my answers, I find myself in a place that I would not be if I had answered differently. It is okay though. The other place that I should be now. The LORD has provided a way !
What is most delightful is that I know why I answered the way I did.
There are idols in my life , that even though I declare that I do not want them there and suppose they have been knocked down. Up they come, as if on some spring that catapults them up again, after I thought they had been destroyed. These idols seem to be able to influence my life choices and it isn't until after I travel a while in a direction that I realize, oh, they have managed to get me off the WAY again !
Oh sweet surrender ! How glad am I that my LORD does not stop loving or helping me because of my mistakes. There is nothing better than being able to surrender to HIM and HIS Will for my life. Soon we will be back on the Way and I will find my place again, in the sheepfold that He has called me to.
Those idols that seem to keep coming up after they have been knocked down. I do not know what to do about that. However, I do know this.
If a person has decided in their mind that Jesus is something that He is not, but refuses to accept new and revealing information about His Wonderfulness, they have made an idol. Wrong thing to do and very harmful to a growing relationship.
Jesus is Who He is and I can not make Him be anything different.
He accepts me like I am, and I better accept Him like He is, or I am going to find myself way off somewhere eating on grass that He did not lead me to. The good news is , that He will lead me back to my place , with such love and no condemnation.
As I ask Him to help me kick those idols down again, I hope He has shown me a way to resist letting them come up again. As I ask for His strength to do more and more, surely there will come a time when I can say, there are no idols on this land. They have been ground into powder and they are no more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home