A Voice In The Valley

When there is an exhortation or a word of encouragement for the church it may sound as though it is a voice in the valley.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arkansas

I enjoy blogging about many topics .I try to stay within the blog titles below. Blue Letter Bible is a resource I think you'll be glad you've found.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Do We Have To Have All The Answers ?

That compulsion to have all the answers all the time must come from PRIDE . Although I have asked it to leave many times, he seems to find a way to stick around. However, when I do not have the answers and I give it to Jesus, I think it really defeats PRIDE. I think he really knows his time is short and that he won't be able to hang around here much longer.
There is something different though between having the answers and "getting it." There are truths in God's word that are basic bottom line truths that if we do not "get it" a terrible calamity is bound to be fall us. These truths I find difficult to not want to give as answers to people who ask questions. When to these people ,it would better serve them to teach them how to "seek truth."To know how, to be a seeker of truth is such a blessing. Also knowing other believers who seek to know the truth adds to the blessing one hundred fold. Sometimes finding truth takes time. Sometimes there are stumbling blocks that have kept us from the truth that need to be taken away. Sometimes there is a fear of knowing the truth. Sometimes there is just a reluctance to know something new that might change our comfort zone. There have been times in my life that I have cried, "Oh, that the bones that Thou hast broken would rejoice."
Most importantly when seeking truth, one must be ready for what it will cost . Words like "much fine gold" and "sweeter than the honeycomb" do not adequately describe what I have found.
The most wonderful truths can not be explained but must be experienced.
If it has been a while since you were able to "taste and see, that the LORD is good." I exhort you this day to stop and "draw nigh unto Him, because He will draw nigh unto you." He is no respect of persons. That means He has not decided that you belong to some group that He won't come to . "Who soever will may come."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home