A Voice In The Valley

When there is an exhortation or a word of encouragement for the church it may sound as though it is a voice in the valley.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arkansas

I enjoy blogging about many topics .I try to stay within the blog titles below. Blue Letter Bible is a resource I think you'll be glad you've found.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Cover Me

Who will cover me ? Who will spread out his cloak as Boaz did for Ruth and cover me ? Who will heal my rebellious heart ? Who will separate me from my oppressors ? Who will spare me and my household the wrath of God ? Who will take note of the scarlet rope placed in my window and know that as for me and my house, we serve the LORD ? Today I raise up a banner and declare, the battle belongs to the LORD !
We are not naked ! We have our covering from the LORD ! We are not desolate ! We have our refuge in the LORD ! The LORD my God is a shield for me , He is the glory and the lifter of my head ! He will not leave me nor forsake me ! He will cover me with His Spirit ! His steadfast Spirit will cover me ! For His righteousness endures forever ! His promise to pour out His Spirit upon us is kept ! Whom shall I fear ? None but the LORD . In awe and fear I bow down and let Him cover me . For He shall protect me from mine enemies ! He shall stand in the gap for me and send them on their way ! He will turn them back around that where they came from, they will now be , no closer to me than they were ! For my household belongs to the LORD ! Just as Noah's children and family were safe within the ark, so shall my household be with me ! Let us come now and serve the LORD with gladness ! Let us remember the goodness of the LORD our God ! Let us take comfort in His precepts ! Let us abide by all His laws ! Let us not worry about what we will eat or what we will drink ! He will take care of us, even as He cared for the children in the wilderness . Even as He gave them food and water . So shall He meet our needs. A cloud by day and a fire by night . He covered them !
Consider the words from Isaiah 30:1 Even though it is an admonishment as to what we do not want to do , we can see clearly what to do . If we are doing as He has said, then surely all that He has promised will be so.
Isaiah 30:1 Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:
May the HOLY SPIRIT guide us as we hear these words . May the SPIRIT of the LORD be upon these words as they are driven into our hearts . May we rejoice together as we realize , we who have submitted to His voice, that we are covered by His Spirit ! With His SPIRIT upon us , may we go and sin no more ! May we walk in a path of righteousness , for His name's sake .






2 Comments:

Blogger Diane Viere said...

You are well covered!

Diane

9:37 AM  
Blogger CindyMae said...

Beautiful Post!!! By the way, Annette said that you enjoy my blog and I just want you to know, that even though I do not comment often, I truly enjoy yours as well!!

God Bless You!!!

P.S. Will you let Annette know that I sent her something in the mail today and she will probably get it Monday!

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home