A Voice In The Valley

When there is an exhortation or a word of encouragement for the church it may sound as though it is a voice in the valley.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arkansas

I enjoy blogging about many topics .I try to stay within the blog titles below. Blue Letter Bible is a resource I think you'll be glad you've found.

Friday, November 17, 2006

There's A Place Where Religion Finally Dies

Darrell Evans offers hope in his song, Dancing With My Father God In His Field of Grace. The startling truth that religion had still a hold of me slapped me in the face the other night . Now slaps can range in the hurt factor from mild to almost a slug. This was like, "wake up, are you asleep" .
It was suggested that we (our church) burn this church pew that was taking up room in our fellowship hall. They are going to have a wiener roast Sat. for the youth and why not use this old, (in very good shape ,I must add) church pew for the fire ?

The good thing about this story is that I realized what that was that came up. God certainly never set aside church pews to be holy. He never even said reverence my church pew. I never read anywhere in the Bible where it said, "Honor, my church pew."

What a fine line that is though between , honoring , reverencing and it becoming a religious rite .

About 6 weeks ago I began to feel impressed to honor the LORD on the Sabbath. A lot of people who are struggling to be set free , or claim to be set free, (wait until they hear about the church pew burning) from the religious spirit , kind of acted like they didn't know what to think about me doing this.

I could understand why they didn't understand. What they didn't seem to understand was I don't care about their understanding of what I do . I was only inviting people who felt impressed by the Holy SPIRIT to join me anyway.
However, whenever I feel impressed to remind them I am doing this "honoring the Sabbath thing" feel welcome to come over to my house and join me. They feel inclined to give me excuses. I am not trying to get them to do a religious thing.

What is the point of this ?

To the religious all things are religious and to the set free, all religious pride is to be flung into the fire !

Thank-you , Heavenly Father, let's go dance in Your field of grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home