A Voice In The Valley

When there is an exhortation or a word of encouragement for the church it may sound as though it is a voice in the valley.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arkansas

I enjoy blogging about many topics .I try to stay within the blog titles below. Blue Letter Bible is a resource I think you'll be glad you've found.

Monday, November 20, 2006

There's A Place Where Religion Finally Dies Part 2

I heard him then, asking for help to set up the tables. I heard him say , if only a few of you would volunteer to do just a few things around here it sure would be appreciated.
I heard myself say, (inside) how can I do these things and not cause that religious spirit to kick in again ? Should I just do it , and hope it won't ? I think of the harm others are doing when doing is their form of godliness . I think how awful it must be for the hungry to come and seek bread and find none. Only a stiff hand shake because this is what I am suppose to do. I will talk to you, because I am suppose to. I don't want to do that. Yet everytime I've tried to be active in the service of our church that spirit of pride , raises it's ugly head.
There was a glimmer of hope when I remembered Psalms 51. My request for a replacement of my sin would not go unanswered for ever. I began again , and realized , my feet were being washed. The ones who have been faithfully setting up the tables. Even the ones who have been religiously doing their duty. They have been doing it the best they can. Like it or not , they have been washing my feet.
Can I receive it ? Or am I going to respond like Peter's first response to the LORD's willingness to do humble work ?
I have grieved because my offers for foot washing have gone unheard , but have I been hearing theirs ?

1 Comments:

Blogger WeaklyPrayer said...

YOU ARE A SISTER AFTER MY OWN HEART. THANK YOU. YOU ALSO LIKE SOME OF THE SAME SONGS I DO! WOW, COULD WE SPEND SOME TIME TOGETHER IN HEAVEN?

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home