A Voice In The Valley

When there is an exhortation or a word of encouragement for the church it may sound as though it is a voice in the valley.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Arkansas

I enjoy blogging about many topics .I try to stay within the blog titles below. Blue Letter Bible is a resource I think you'll be glad you've found.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Just A Little Irritating Isn't It ?

I know it is so . Whenever I am having a really good sleep and someone comes in and turns on the light. It not only awakens me but it is irritating. So it is with the light of Christ. Eph 5:14 says, Wherefore he saith, Awake sleeper arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. I know that people do not always want to be woke up from their sleep. However, some are aware that something is wrong and ask to be woke up. Yet ,when you let them know what is wrong, they may at first be irritated. To let them know that the eyes of their understanding need to be enlightened to know the hope of His calling, may irritate them at first. Just how irritating one dares to be is truly questionable. We are told to not cast our pearls before swine. Someone explained to me that the reason for that is, swine don't eat pearls. In other words, tell people something they want to eat, I mean hear. Oh wait, you might be getting the wrong idea here. Tell them what they have asked to hear. If they get a little irritated, back off a while, give them time to wake up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Beason said...

Wow..that kind of goes along with the post I just did. It made what I was thinking more clear.

8:37 PM  
Blogger C. H. Green said...

Great post. Come visit me sometime.

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home